These Booking Conditions together with any other information brought to your attention before you booked your tour form the basis of your contract with BINTANG ULU ULU RESORT (hereafter referred to as “Ulu Ulu Resort”). Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations and all bookings accepted by Ulu Ulu Resort are subject to these Booking Conditions which apply to tours booked between “the Arrival Date and Departure Date” inclusive. In these Booking Conditions references to “Guest” or “the Guest” include the lead-named person on the confirmation invoice (who must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking) and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made. Ulu Ulu Resort means, as the context permits, Ulu Ulu Resort as a company organized and existing under the laws of Negara Brunei Darussalam, having its principal office and place of business at No 2, Spg 146, JalanKiarong, Kg Kiulap, Bandar Seri Begawan BE1518, Brunei Darussalam, Tel: 2441791 Fax: 2441790 email: [email protected]
- Booking and Paying For Your Tour – All bookings must be made at least seven (7) days in advance of the tour and must be either (i) for accommodation for one (1) night or more but less than four (4) nights. No contract is made between Ulu Ulu Resort and the Guest and no booking is valid (and accordingly UluUlu Resort shall have no obligations to the Guest) until Ulu Ulu Resort has issued a confirmation invoice. This confirmation invoice will be issued by Ulu Ulu Resort (if booking is accepted) only after UluUlu Resort has received the Guest’s credit card details and will be sent to the Guest by e-mail, fax or post as requested by the Guest. In the case of bookings made on-line all confirmation invoices will be sent by e-mail only. Payment in full will be remitted to Ulu Ulu Resort upon confirmation. Please note: expenses incurred including (but not limited to), additional session(s) of activities that are not included in the package must be settled in CASH before leaving the outlet. All rates provided are NETT and FIXED.
Bookings made less than 7 days are subject to availability and may have limitations in terms of itinerary due to limited boats and guides availability
Whilst Ulu Ulu Resort is doing our best to ensure published rates are accurate and up to date prior to your booking, we are not responsible for any inaccurate tour price generated by the online booking form, which could be subject to technical error. Our clients must acknowledge that the published rates on the resort’s website is the actual price or likewise stated by our sales personnel.
- Special Requests – Any special requests (e.g. diet restrictions, room location, a particular facility at the resort etc) must be advised to Ulu Ulu Resort at the time of booking. Requests should then be confirmed in writing. Whilst every effort will be made by Ulu Ulu resort to try and arrange the Guest’s reasonable special requests, Ulu Ulu Resort cannot guarantee that they will be fulfilled. Any failure to meet special requests will not be a breach of contract on Ulu Ulu Resort’s part. Ulu Ulu Resort cannot accept any conditional bookings (i.e. any booking which is specified to be conditional on the fulfillment of a particular request). All such bookings will be treated as standard bookings subject to the above provision on special requests. There may be additional charges for special request.
- Your Contract with Ulu Ulu Resort – A binding contract between Ulu Ulu Resort and the Guest comes into existence when Ulu Ulu Resort sends out the confirmation invoice to the Guest. It is only then that a contract exists between Ulu Ulu Resort and the Guest. Ulu Ulu Resort reserves the right to make changes to the details contained in the Ulu Ulu Resort brochure before a contract is entered into. Any such changes will be communicated to the Guest before a binding contract is concluded.
- Changes by the Guest– If the Guest wishes to change any part of his holiday arrangements after a confirmation invoice has been issued, the Guest must inform Ulu Ulu Resort in writing as soon as possible. This should be done by the person who made the booking. Whilst Ulu Ulu Resort will do its best to assist, UluUlu Resort cannot guarantee that the requested change(s) will be met. Where Ulu Ulu Resort can meet a request, all changes will be subject to any applicable rate changes or extra costs incurred. Where unable to assist the Guest and the Guest do not wish to proceed with the original booking, Ulu Ulu Resort will treat this as a cancellation by the Guest. A cancellation fee may be payable if such circumstance arises.
- Cancellation by the Guest– If the Guest or any other member of his party decides to cancel the confirmed tour, Ulu Ulu Resort must be notified in writing. The notice of cancellation will only take effect when it is received in writing by Ulu Ulu Resort’s office at No 2, Spg 146, JalanKiarong, Kg Kiulap, Bandar Seri Begawan BE1518, Brunei Darussalam, by email: [email protected], or by Fax: +673 2441790. Ulu Ulu Resort recommends that the Guest use recorded delivery. Please be aware that cancellation fees may apply. Cancellation policies vary from package to package. Cancellation fee depends on the processing and the period of cancellation.
CANCELLATION CHARGES for FIT BOOKING
100% full charge for bookings that is cancelled with no show
50% charge of the full cost paid for any cancellation with 24 hours notice
25% cancellation fee will be imposed for any cancellation that is in advanced as due to the nature of the services, all bookings will incur a lot of administration and operation arrangements .
Please make sure when you make a booking confirmation that the booking will be fixed, as any cancellation will incur cost as mention above.We can change dates if you are unable to make your dates and postponed your trip. For postponement, there will be no additional charges but will be subject to availability.
In the event of a client is a “No Show”, no refund of the requested deposit in full or in part will be given for services in the programme that is not utilized.
- If it is necessary for Ulu Ulu Resort to make a minor change in respect of the Guest’s resort activity, Ulu Ulu Resort will offer the Guest an alternative resort activity of equal value with the original resort activity offered. The alternative resort activity offered will be under Ulu Ulu Resort’s absolute discretion. The above sets out the maximum extent of Ulu Ulu Resort’s liability under this clause. Ulu Ulu Resort will not be responsible for any expenses or losses the Guest may incur as a result of inconvenience suffered. All activities are subject to weather condition which is beyond our control.
- Force Majeure – Ulu Ulu Resort will not accept liability or pay compensation where the performance and/or prompt performance of the contractual obligations to the Guest is prevented by or affected by “force majeure”. In these Booking Conditions “force majeure” means any event which Ulu Ulu Resort or the supplier(s) of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events are likely to include but are not limited to war or threat of war, civil strife, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural, nuclear, chemical or biological disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, and all similar events outside our control.
- Ulu Ulu Resort’s Obligations to the Guests:
(1) Ulu Ulu Resort accepts responsibility if any of the services which are contracted to be provided are deficient or not of a reasonable standard. Subject to these Booking Conditions, UluUlu Resort will accept responsibility should the Guest or any member of his party suffer death, personal injury, illness or other loss or damage as a result of any failure to perform or improper performance of any part of the contract with the Guest by any of Ulu Ulu Resort’s employees, agents, sub- contractors or suppliers (providing they were at the time carrying out work authorised by Ulu Ulu Resort). However, UluUlu Resort cannot and will not be held liable in situations where any failure to perform or improper performance of the whole or any part of the contract was due to:
(a) The act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected;
(b) The act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of the services contracted for and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable; or
(c) Unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond UluUlu Resort’s control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or
(d) An event which n either Ulu Ulu Resort, its employees, agents or suppliers and subcontractors could not, even with all due care, have foreseen or forestalled.
(2) Ulu Ulu Resort will limit the maximum amount it may have to pay the Guest and his party for any and all claims or parts of claims which do not involve personal injury, illness or death. Except where loss of and/or damage to luggage or personal possessions is concerned, the maximum amount Ulu Ulu Resort, if found liable, will have to pay the Guest or his party for such claims is twice the price paid by or on behalf of the person(s) affected in total. This maximum amount will only be payable where everything has gone wrong and where the Guests have not received any benefit at all from their tour. Where Ulu Ulu Resort is found liable for loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions (excluding money), the maximum amount to be paid by Ulu Ulu Resort to the Guest and his party is B$25 per person in total. Ulu Ulu Resort strongly recommends that Guests take out adequate travel insurance for thier particular needs whilst on holiday and for the purpose of these Booking Conditions the Guests are assumed to have done so.
(3) It is a condition of Ulu Ulu Resort’s acceptance of liability set out under clause 8(2) above that the Guests notify any claim to Ulu Ulu Resort and its supplier(s) strictly in accordance with the procedure set out in.
13 “Complaints”, below. Further, where any payment is made, the person(s) receiving it (and their parent or guardian if under 18 years) must also assign to Ulu Ulu Resort or its insurers any rights they may have to pursue any third party and must provide Ulu Ulu Resort and its insurers with all assistance they may reasonably require.
(4) Very rarely, Ulu Ulu Resort may be forced by “force majeure” (see clause 7) to change or terminate Guests’ confirmed arrangements after departure but before the end of the scheduled time away. This is extremely unlikely but if this situation does occur, Ulu Ulu Resort will be unable to make any refunds, pay the Guest compensation or meet any costs or expenses that the Guest may have incurred as a result.
It is to be noted that Ulu Ulu Resort cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss or expense or other sum(s) of any description which:
(a) on the basis of the information given by the Guest concerning his booking prior to UluUlu Resort accepting it, UluUlu Resort could not have foreseen the Guest would suffer or incur if the contract was breached; or
(b) did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by Ulu Ulu Resort or its employees or, where Ulu Ulu Resort is responsible for them, the suppliers. Additionally, Ulu Ulu Resort cannot accept liability for any business losses.
- Assistance in the event of injury, illness or death – If the Guest or any member of his party suffers illness, injury or death arising during the contracted holiday arrangements UluUlu Resort will, subject to its absolute discretion, advise and provide the Guests with reasonable advice and assistance.
- Ulu Ulu Resort Activity Package – The Activity Package will include Superior accommodation with bathroom for at least 1 night, daily breakfast, a stainless steel water bottle upon arrival, and admission or access to a t l e a s t one resort destination activity or service (“the resort activity”) as advertised. Subject to Clause 8, all resort activities undertaken by the Guests and party are undertaken at the Guest’s sole risk. Some activities may require advanced reservations and are subject to availability and/or minimum enrolments. Please check when booking. All resort activities may be changed without notice. If a change becomes necessary Ulu Ulu Resort will offer the Guests an alternative resort activity (the choice of which will be in Ulu Ulu Resort’s absolute discretion) up to an equal value of the original resort activity offered in accordance with clause 6 above. Upon arrival at the resort, the Guests will be given a letter detailing their resort activity. This letter must be presented in order to redeem the resort activity. Unused resort activities are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
- General Information
Cots: Baby Cots are unavailable as it is not a suitable resort destination for infants. At the same time, Ulu Ulu Resort leaves parents/ guardians to exercise their own discretion when they decide to travel with young children who need guidance in view of the natural terrain and landscape of the whole environment.
Theft/Loss of Property: Personal valuables and belongings – Ulu Ulu Resort will be unable to accept any responsibility for theft or loss of personal belongings during Guests’ stay.
Entertainment: In some evening entertainment will be provided at certain times. Please check for details at the time of booking. Ulu Ulu Resort reserves the right to cancel or change any entertainment entirely at its discretion and cannot accept any responsibility if at any time entertainment is not provided, although Ulu Ulu Resort will endeavour to inform the Guest in advance.
Check In and Out Times: Early check-in and pre-registration together with late check-out will be available upon request. This should be requested at the time of booking. Please note an early departure fee programme operates. This means that if you depart one or more days earlier than your booked holiday, an additional fee may be charged by the resort and any unused package benefits will be forfeited.
NB: CHECK IN time: 2.00pm CHECK OUT time: 12 noon
Local Safety Standards and Personal Security: Please note that it is the local requirements and/or safety standards of the country in which any services which make up your holiday are provided which apply to those services and not those of your home country. As a general rule, these requirements and standards will not be the same as those of, for example, the UK or the USA, and may vary accordingly. On arrival the Guests should familiarize themselves with the resort layout. For any questions about safety at the resort, the staff will be pleased to assist the Guests. Guests need to consider their own personal safety when away from home especially when staying in a foreign city. It is advisable to identify if there are any areas which are best to avoid, particularly at night. It is also advisable to be discreet with wallets, purses, jewelry, expensive camera equipment etc.
On swimming, Ulu Ulu Resort insists that everyone wears a life jacket to swim. If the Guest choose to swim without a lifejacket, Ulu Ulu Resort will not be responsible for any mishap.it is advisable to not go swimming after heavy rainfall as the water flow will be fast and may have floating debris.Anyone with an open wound is advice not to go swimming.Please ask tour guide if it is safe to swim as there are crocodile sighting in certain areas.
Water/Electricity Supplies: Ulu Ulu resort is fully equipped with electrical power supply. However, power outages may happen every now and then. For energy saving practices,please switch off all electrical switches when leaving your room
Building and Development Work: Although the Guests may be on holiday, life will be going on around as normal. This may include noise and inconvenience from building or construction works and w a t e r traffic. From time to time general refurbishment at the resort is necessary to maintain standards. Ulu Ulu Resort will notify the Guests of any building/refurbishment works which may reasonably be considered to seriously impair the enjoyment of the Guests’ holiday which we are informed about as soon as possible. Please note public services and facilities may also be affected by maintenance, bad weather and so on, all of which are beyond Ulu Ulu Resort’s control. Ulu Ulu Resort recommends for Guests to contact the local tourist information office at their destination for the latest details.
Medical Problems: If the Guest or any member of the party is pregnant, has any medical problem or disability which may affect their holiday, please provide Ulu Ulu Resort with full details before confirming the booking so that Ulu Ulu Resort can advise as to the suitability of the chosen arrangements if possible. Please note that we are located in a remote destination and do not have immediate access to medical facilities.
Public Holidays: In most cases, these may vary from country to country. Therefore any information UIu Ulu Resort gives the Guests about public holidays or special events is given in good faith. If dates or other details change or are wrong, Ulu Ulu Resort will do its best to help, but Ulu Ulu Resort cannot accept responsibility. Please note that banks, shops, museums, restaurants and tourist attractions may close or have limited opening times. Ulu Ulu Resort accepts no responsibility for these closures.
Emergency Contact: In the event that the Guests have a problem whilst on holiday, the Guests should contact the resort manager who will endeavor to assist them.
- Outside Activities – The Resort Brochure may also refer to activities, services, venues or places of interest which are available within the vicinity of but outside our resort (“hereafter referred to as “outside activities”). The outside activities are not run by or in any way controlled or endorsed by Ulu Ulu Resort and unless they are also resort activities they do not form any part of the Guests’ contract with Ulu Ulu Resort even where Ulu Ulu Resort suggests an outside activity, and/or assist the Guests in booking outside activities in any way. Ulu Ulu Resort cannot accept any liability whatsoever for (1) any illness, injury or death suffered at or as a consequence of any outside activity; (2) any failure to provide services of a suitable standard or quality; (3) any other complaints whatsoever.
- Complaints – Ulu Ulu Resort shall make every effort to ensure that the Guests’ holiday arrangements go smoothly. Most problems can be sorted out straight away but Ulu Ulu Resort cannot resolve a problem until the resort knows about it. If there is a complaint, the Guests’ must immediately inform a member of the hotel management staff or the representative of the supplier of the service(s) in question giving all relevant details. Any verbal notification must be put in writing and given to the hotel or supplier as soon as possible. If the problem cannot be resolved and the Guest wishes to complain, the Guests must send formal written notice of the complaint by registered post within 28 days of the end of their stay at the resort. All such complaints should include all relevant information together with the booking reference and should be sent to: Customer Service, Bintang Ulu Ulu Resort, No. 2, Spg 146, JalanKiarong, Kg Kiulap, Bandar Seri Begawan BE1518, Brunei Darussalam or email: [email protected] UluUlu Resort cannot accept liability for any claims which are not notified to it and/or its suppliers strictly in accordance with this clause.
- Guest Behaviour – All guests staying at the resort are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly and acceptable manner and not to disrupt the enjoyment of other guests. If in Ulu Ulu Resort’s opinion or in the opinion of any hotel manager or any other person in authority, the Guests’ behaviour or that of any member of the party is causing or is likely to cause distress, danger or annoyance to any of the other guests or any third party or damage to property, Ulu Ulu Resort reserves the right to terminate the concerned Guests’ holiday arrangements with the resort immediately. In the event of such termination Ulu Ulu Resort’s liability to the Guests and/or the party will cease and the Guests will be required to leave their accommodation or other service immediately. Ulu Ulu Resort will have no further obligations to the Guests and the rest of the party. No refunds for lost accommodation or any other service will be made and Ulu Ulu Resort will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of termination. The Guests may also be required to pay for loss and/or damage caused by their actions. Ulu Ulu Resort will hold the Guest and each member of the party jointly and individually liable for any damage or loss caused by the Guest or any member of the party. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid direct to the hotel manager or other supplier prior to departure from the resort. If the Guest fails to make payment, he/she will be responsible for meeting any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us as a result of the Guest’s actions together with all cost the resort will incur in pursing any claim against the Guest. U l u U l u R e s o r t cannot be held responsible for the actions or behaviour of other guests or individuals who have no connection with the Guest’s holiday arrangements with Ulu Ulu Resort.
- Any unresolved dispute or controversy arising under or in connection with the services provided by Ulu Ulu Resort shall be settled exclusively by arbitration, conducted before the “do we have any” Association in Brunei Darussalam, in accordance with the rules of that body then in effect.
- The arbitrator shall not have the authority to add to, detract from, or modify any provision hereof nor to award punitive damages to any injured party. A decision by the arbitrator shall be final and binding. Judgment may be entered on the arbitrator’s award in any court having jurisdiction. Each party shall be responsible for the respective fees and expenses of their legal representation and the costs of arbitration shall be shared equally.
- Legal proceedings against Ulu Ulu Resort may be instituted only in a state or federal court within the Country, and any claim involved in such proceedings shall be decided in accordance with the laws of Brunei Darussalam. Any legal proceeding against the Operator must be commenced within one year following the date of tour completion. Neither the Operator nor any affiliate shall in any case be liable for other than compensatory damages, and you hereby waive any right to punitive damages.
- Every effort has been made to accurately produce the information in this brochure. We reserve the right to correct errors.
- All of the confirmed RATES are valid from “date of Confirmation till the date of Departure specified on your reservation”.
- From time to time, in view of the changing Consumer Behaviour and Needs, Ulu Ulu Resort may have to add and/or revise the booking conditions without prior notice
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- The Valley Café is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for set menu meals.
- Daily set Lunch will be served based on local ingredients, consisting of rice, 4 dishes (1 chicken, 1 fish, 2 Vegetables or similar), fruits, coffee and tea.
- Club Lounge at the Information Center will be opened from 8:00AM till midnight.
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed to be consumed at the Ulu Ulu Resort premises.
- Food consumption is not allowed in the bedroom as to avoid “jungle rats”, ants and other unwelcome pests.
- Apart from water, we encourage all other drinks and food to be consumed outside your bedroom to avoid insects and ants invading your bedroom.
- We operate with an Alcohol-free environment policy. As such, we do not sell, serve or impose any corkage charges. Non-Muslims are allowed to carry a maximum of 2 bottles of liquor plus 12 cans of beer for personal consumption. Guests are advised to carry with them the yellow copy of the Customs Declaration form at all times.
Ulu Ulu Resort is in the Ulu Temburong National Park, where it is home to a wide diversity of flora and fauna. Please honour and respect their home, imagine if someone visit your home and make a lot of noise or litter in your living room, you won’t be happy.
So when you are in this beautiful pristine rainforest, you are walking into the living room of the animals ,birds, plants, insects… please honour and respect their home! Thank you.
GUIDELINES FOR VISITORS
Safety is a crucial consideration when touring Ulu Temburong National Park facilities. Many stairs and areas, due to the nature of their usage and humidity and environment, may be wet, slippery or dark. Visitors will need to ensure that they have a degree of mobility that will enable them to safely navigate in these areas.
Visitors should adhere to the following guidelines and, at all times, take direction from National Park staff as well as the resort staff:
- Visitors should tread carefully, especially in leather or smooth rubber-soled shoes. We recommend appropriate trekking shoes for inland and river shoes for the wet walks.
- Safety and Health is priority in remote destination. Any health issues have to be addressed immediately.
- Suitable clothing should be worn. National Park staff reserve the right to prevent visitors in unsuitable dress, including inappropriate footwear, from entering particular areas. We advise that you bring along clothes that dry easily (no thick clothes such as jeans)
- Stair handrails, should be used at all times and accessories, such as handbags with dangling straps, kept in close check. We advice appropriate back pack and to keep all other “city bags” in your luggage.
- Visitors should exercise caution in darkened areas, near water and on steps. We advice that all visitors going overnight should bring along their personal torchlight
- Life jackets should be worn at all times on or near to the river. We advice this to even the experienced swimmers as the water flow can be strong even though it looks mild.
- No pollution of the river. Under forestry act
- No fishing. Under forestry act
- No Collection of Flora and Fauna –Under forestry Act
- Kindly note that from time to time, Brunei Forestry Department may impose new regulations
- Minimize Noise Pollution as we are all intruders. This is the home of flora and fauna and many animals which are here for many years.
- Please switch off electricity in the room when not using.
- Please keep the Resort clean by not throwing rubbish anywhere, especially in the river.
- Please lock up your wallet and bring only minimum amount of money as you will only consume minimum amount of your personal cash in the Resort
- Fruits are being served in each meal to create better digestion process.
- In each meal, please do not waste food. Consume what your body needed and make it just enough. Too much eating will make you feel sleepy and will not be able to concentrate and not paying attention with the activities going on.
- All factors in the Resort will have an environmental impact. Our Resort are in a process in building organic garden, reducing to served deep fried food, and engaging in environmental solutions to create better life and/or restrictions to safeguard the Ulu Temburong National Park.
- The resort has committed to minimized deep fried food to provide a healthier menu and also to reduce the production of cooking oil wastage. It is difficult to dispose used cooking oil.
- Containers that can be recycled are reused for animal/ shelter, planting pots and etc.
- Drift woods are recycled for decoration or planting pots or repair work.
- All bed sheets are subcontracted to a family in the Batang Duri community to wash to provide them a business and also to reduce the use of detergent in the resort grounds
- Vegetables and fruits are planted around the resort,do ask our tour guide for a briefing or walk about should you have the time.
- Our drinking water is from the river and filtered through a 5 stage particle filtration and then finally a dinking water filtration,it is not chlorinated and very tasty. Our water takes 4 hours to filter, so please do not waste water.
- All our menu is local based and we try to use as little imported ingredients as possible to reduce carbon foot prints
ENJOY ULU ULU RESORT AND THE PRISTINE ENVIROMENT; PLEASE LEAVE EVERYTHING AS IT WAS SO THE NEXT PERSON CAN ENJOY THE SAME EXPERIENCE YOU DID.