Tour Code: UUR 03A MacroPhotography
Tour Starts: 0900hrs (ex-Jetty in front Bubungan Dua Belas)
Duration: 3 Days and 2 Nights
The birding tour in Ulu Temburong National Park an excellent tour for birding enthusiast as the National park is 50,000 hectares of pristine rainforest with one of the best biodiversity in the world. You will experience up close the wonders of the rainforest; listen to the orchestra of nature’s music by the insects, birds and animals. This tour is rated as adventurous and suitable for those reasonably fit as there are many to climb with some slippery and wet tracks and uphill hiking. The journey to the national park from Bandar Seri Begawan (BSB) is itself interesting as you go on three different modes of transport and see the changes in vegetation (plenty of photo opportunities). The trip departs BSB in the morning and we will proceed by public speedboat to Bangar town before we go overland to Batang Duri. At Batang Duri, we will ride on a long boat or temuai up the rapids to the national park. At Batang Duri, we will board the temuai (longboat) up the rapids to Ulu Ulu Resort.
Note: *Timing is very important as any delay will have a ripple effect and it will cause bigger delays especially that we are on 3 modes of transport change. If you are late, we have a right not to wait for you.
- All transportations
- 2 Breakfasts
- 3 Lunches and 2 Afternoon Tea
- 2 Dinners
- English-speaking guide
- 2 nights stay
- Waterfall visit, night walk, trekking, kayaking, river tubing, bird watching and other activities as indicated in itinerary
- 0900 hrs Meet at Jetty (Hotel pick up can be arranged in advance but punctuality is important)
- 0930 hrs Board speed boat for scenic boat ride along the mangrove-fringed waterways
- 1030 hrs Arrive at Bangar jetty and overland transfer to Batang Duri jetty. (Note: All land transportations in Temburong are in partnership with the local community as it is part of our company policy that the local community benefits from our business and you are also helping them with this contribution)
- 1050 hrs Safety briefing at Batang Duri jetty before boarding a long boat called temuai. Travel upriver to Ulu Ulu Resort at the Ulu Temburong National Park, passing by pebbly sun-baked banks.
- 1135 hrs Register and proceed for welcome drink at the Club Lounge. Our guide will show all types of facilities that we offer at the resort
- 1230 hrs Lunch will be served at Valley café. Free at leisure after lunch
- 1400 hrs Check into room
- 1500 hrs Proceed to the Hill Top Trail for macrophotography
- 1900 hrs Dinner will be served at Valley Café
- 2000 hrs Visit the UV Light traps to view insects
- 0430 hrs Wake up call and light breakfast. Proceed to canopy walkway
- 0545 hrs Arrive at canopy tower and climb to the top to witness the beautiful sunrise
- 1230 hrs Lunch at Valley café
- 1500 hrs Proceed to Belian Trail for macrophotography
- 1900 hrs Dinner at Valley Café
- 2000 hrs Proceed for a night walk at the waterfall trail for night macrophotography
- 0830 hrs Breakfast at Valley Café
- 0930 hrs Proceed to Tuhau Trail for macrophotography
- 1200 hrs Lunch at Valley Cafe
- 1330 hrs Depart downstream to Batang Duri jetty by long boat
- 1400 hrs Arrive at Batang Duri, then continue with an overland transfer to Bangar
- 1430 hrs At Bangar, take a public speed boat to BSB
- 1530 hrs Arrive at BSB, drop off at the jetty/ transfer to your hotel
What to bring along:
Please bring along a set of dry clothes, footwear that you won’t mind getting wet in (preferably sandal with strap), hiking shoe, swimwear, personal toiletries, rain coat, torch, binocular, hat, insect repellent and small backpacks for your luggage (no porter available). Bath and face towel, toilet roll and facial tissue are provided at the resort.
The above itinerary is only a reference. Tour guides reserves the right to change itinerary due to unforeseen circumstances or weather conditions.